Skin care product annual sales have hit $50 billion. Seriously, girls—do you think the beauty product industry can really deliver all that? Give these "mother nature" products a try:
- Exfoliate lips with brown sugar; rinse, coat with chap stick
- Exfoliate face with white granulated sugar and water; for extra dry skin, exfoliate with sugar and olive oil
- Blend a tablespoon of baking soda with shampoo to remove product build-up
- Condition hair with mayonnaise or a raw egg
- Mix one part vinegar with three parts warm water for a soft and sleek hair rinse
- Toss one half cup powdered milk in bath
- Massage face with a mixture of honey, lemon juice and oatmeal once a week
- Use olive oil as a moisturizing cleanser and night cream (blend with 1/2 parts water and vinegar to remove dead cells and revitalize)
- Soften dry elbows, cracked heels and cuticles with olive oil; it absorbs more deeply than other oils
- Splash face with apple cider to restore ph balance; use on face and neck as aftershave
- To maintain bright white teeth, snack on crunchy veges; they'll stimulate saliva production to naturally flush away coffee, tea and blueberry stains
- Drink more water, less caffeine; it flushes impurities, keeps a glow and is less trouble than a face lift, botox, or costly creams
*With a nod to master Idea Exchange tipsters Kathryn, Danielle and Diane—thanks, you smart and savvy women!
See more WFMW posts.